For the fifth consecutive year, a group of generous givers from the Blairstown, Hope area donated Christmas Eve bags to serve community members in need with thoughtful and useful gifts, warm wishes and positive encouragement at Christmas time.
Coordinated by Amylinn Nemeth, area real estate agent with RE/MAX in Hope, NJ, the gift bags were delivered to the following organizations:
- 16 bags to DASACC (warren county’s domestic abuse & sexual assault crisis center)
- 36 bags to Project Self Sufficiency 37 bags to PUMP
- 35 bags to Blairstown Methodist Church
- 17 bags to Warren County Child Protective Services
- 19 bags to 5 local families in need
This year, the group’s donated Christmas Eve bags were filled with a pair of pajamas, a Christmas book, coloring book & crayons, hat or socks, small toy or craft, personal item, hot cocoa & mug, candy cane, cereal/oatmeal packet and a snack.
In addition to procuring the needed items and offering monetary donations, the dedicated group of ladies and children attended a Holiday Cheer & Craft Day to help assemble & decorate the gift bags to be delivered on Christmas Eve.
Project coordinator Amylinn sent a heartfelt thank you to all participants:
“Thank you! Thank you! 150 Christmas Eve Donation Bags Collected and Donated…”
“Thank you again to all those that generously donated a bag and their time, without your support the CEB Project wouldn’t be a success.
Also thank you to some local business/organizations that donated supplies/snacks or took a collection up to buy bags.”
Participating local businesses include:
- Furhurs Tavern in Portland PA
- Suzanne Gwinnett with Duryea Insurance Agency in Blairstown
- Traci Stump, RE/MAX Town & Valley offices In Hackettstown & Hope
- Knowlton Girl Scouts
- North Warren Midget Football teams
Special thanks to Elaena-Nono Katsetos for taking pictures-thank you!
You truly have made a difference by bringing a smile to many local children this Christmas! God bless!”
This event was coordinated by Amylinn Nemeth, Hope area real estate agent with RE/MAX. If you would like to participate in future giving efforts such as this one please join their FB group here.