Searching for a job in food service? May 12th, 2021 is Drive-Up Hiring Day for McDonald’s restaurants in South Jersey, Delaware and PA.
The global food chain is looking to add 25,000 team members to their roster of employees. They will conduct on-the-spot interviews directly at their drive-up window at the specific locations mentioned.
Anyone who is interested in being interviewed for a position at McDonald’s can simply show up at a South Jersey, Pennsylvania or Delaware location and ask for an application right at the drive-up window. No prior phone calls or appointments necessary.
Become part of the global family of food service workers employed by McDonald’s, who serves 25 million customers a day worldwide.
Career paths in healthcare, technology, finance and hospitality and many others have their roots in a first job at McDonald’s. Skills gained include the following:
- Teamwork. McDonald’s employees must work together to coordinate food preparation, cooking, heating and serving to customers. Teams tackle tough tasks like stocking inventory, portioning, handling money, coordinating cleanups and much more.
- Customer service. Food service workers master the difficult but necessary skill of dealing with the general public not to mention navigating challenging situations with hangry people!
- Accountability. Accountability has to do with relying on each other. The team members at McDonald’s encounter myriad opportunities to enhance this important career skill.
- Communication. From developing interpersonal and public speaking skills taking orders at the drive-up window, to navigating communication challenges among team members and with customers, this is another critical skill that McDonald’s employees get to take with them on the career path.
A McDonald’s career also promises exclusive perks and benefits, including the following:
- Flexible hours/schedule
- Paid time away
- Paid sick leave
- Training/growth advancement opportunities
- College tuition reimbursement
- Career advising
- Exclusive discounts and deals with their McD Perks program
McDonald’s is also taking their quarantine safety protocol seriously. They enforce social distancing and have mandated wearing of masks at all locations worldwide. Additionally, they have erected safety barriers where needed, to minimize contact and help reduce the spread of germs.
In addition to visiting the select McDonald’s locations in Pennsylvania, South Jersey and Delaware on May 12, job seekers can text ‘apply’ to 36453 to start an application or visit McDonalds.com/careers to learn more and apply to a restaurant near them.
NOTE: The above pictured McDonald’s employee, Kevin Edwards, recently gained public recognition for his outstanding service at the Phillipsburg New Jersey Memorial Parkway restaurant location. He will soon be celebrated in an upcoming McDonald’s news feature.
Way to go Kevin, we customers of the P’burg Mickey D’s on Memorial Parkway appreciate your fast, friendly service and attention to detail!