“Long term chronic stress is very debilitating, and it will cost one way or the other,” cautions clinical herbalist Cheryl Karcher.
If you are a woman of perimenopause or menopause age and feeling the effects of burnout, you’re right to be concerned.
Not only is diet and exercise important in the quest to live a healthy life into our senior years, but finding ways to reduce stress has never been more critical.
Cheryl is licensed to practice herbal medicine and runs an apothecary store out of Easton, PA. Her apothecary is located inside the Bel Ame Eco Boutique.
But Cheryl does more than just make recommendations for herbal medicines and tinctures. She takes a holistic approach to the modern woman’s lifestyle and helps her clients make modifications where needed.
“Female clients come to me with adrenal fatigue, and chronic stress, burnout, etc. When I include in their clinical protocol rest, and truly reevaluating the exhausting infrastructure of their lives, they look at me like I have 3 heads!”
“They can’t imagine getting out of or restructuring their rat race. Instead, they want a magic pill or herb to help them keep pace… but it just doesn’t work like that.”
She emphasizes, many of these women are either perimenopausal, or menopausal and on top of having to manage the heavy stress load of a demanding daily existence, are also dealing with their own bodies transitioning to the next natural stage of life.
“In addition to caring for and maintaining the house and family, working long hours, balancing work with home responsibilities or doing long commutes, etc., all of this pressure is slowly shortening their lifespan due to the chronic stress overload on their body, mind and spirit.
This lifestyle can manifest in chronic inflammatory illnesses and conditions such as autoimmune conditions, diabetes, asthma, Parkinson’s, etc.
Cheryl offers the following tips for women seeking a holistic approach to improving their health and reducing stress in their lives:
- Restructure your life to eliminate what you don’t need or want. All of this excess contributes to overwhelm and it’s dangerous for female health.
- Give your body what it’s asking for. It’s important to pay attention to the signs. Treat your body well and it will respond in kind.
- Find ways to offload stress. This means mindful living, being grateful for the simple gifts, welcoming positive people into your life, and nurturing hobbies.
- Make healthy lifestyle changes. Take time to enjoy nutritious foods. Find ways to heal yourself naturally. Practice yoga to reduce stress in the body. Learn how to breathe again. You’d be surprised at how many people forget how to breathe.
Medical doctors don’t always take the whole picture into consideration when assessing women’s health. It’s important to talk to someone who can help nurture and bring restorative healing to your body.
Grow Your Knowledge of Herbs and Holistic Healing with Informational Lectures and Workshops from Cheryl Karcher
Cheryl offers interactive, seasonally appropriate herb workshops, classes and lectures.
She speaks on the medicinal uses of herbs, educating her audience on how herbs may offer beneficial relief from a variety of common ailments such as headaches, allergies, digestive troubles and other symptoms.
Cheryl also hosts fun and engaging local events, including but not limited to:
- Herbal Tea Parties
- Classes on Cooking with Herbs
- Lessons on Creating Herbal Tinctures at Home
- Workshops on Make-Your-Own Herbal Skincare Recipes
Cheryl Karcher, Clinical Herbalist at Hilltop Herbals
Herbals Apothecary now located inside Belle Ame Eco Boutique 34 North Second Street Easton PA.
Phone: 908 319 0012