A great, healthy recipe to end the summer grilling season. Yum!!
- 1 lean
- 1 green
- 3 condiments
- 14 ounces boneless beef or bison rib-eye steak, 1 inch thick
- 3/4 cup medium-thick asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into
- 1 1/2-inch lengths 1/4 cup green onions, trimmed, cut into 1 ½-inch lengths
- One tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce I use (Lawry’s)with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Prepare a charcoal grill, and let coals burn until they are covered with gray ash. Or, preheat a gas grill until hot. Meanwhile, soak 4 bamboo skewers in water to cover at least 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Use a very sharp knife to slice the steak across the grain into 1/4-inch wide slices. Thread, alternating, the beef slices, asparagus and green onions on the skewers.
3. Place the skewers directly over the hot coals. Brush with some of the teriyaki sauce. Grill until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Gently flip the skewers and baste the other side with the sauce.
4. Cook until steak is medium-rare, about 1 minute more. Remove from the grill, and drizzle with the remaining teriyaki sauce. Serve.
Work With Health Coach Jennifer Kaye and Embark on Your Transformation
Jennifer Kaye is a health and fitness coach who works with clients to set goals for the Total Health program. She leads Garage Zoom exercise classes and works as a certified TRX, Spin, RealRyder and group fitness instructor. Jen shares tons of delicious program-approved recipes and is a daily source of inspiration and healthy perspective.
Connect with Jen on Facebook if you’d like more information about her weight loss, health and fitness success program. She can be contacted via private message.