🏈Football watching menu with a healthy, low-carb twist! Bell Pepper Nachos recipe. 🫑🥑 This one is for all of you avocado and spicy jalapeno fans! From weight loss, nutrition and fitness coach, Jennifer Kaye.
- 1 cup (5.26 oz) bell pepper, any color (2 greens)
- 3 oz 95% lean ground turkey or shredded chicken (1/2 leaner)
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) moderate fat cheese (1/2 lean)
- 1 tsp taco seasoning (1 condiment)
- 1/4 c (1.32 oz) diced tomato (1/2 greens)
- 1/4 cup (.88oz) sliced green onions (1/2 greens)
- 1 tbsp diced red onion (1 condiment)
- 2 tbsp nonfat or low fat Greek yogurt (1 condiment)
- 1 1/2 oz mashed avocado or 2 tbsp of quacamole (1 healthy fat)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Sliced jalapeño as garnish (optional)
1 Cook meat till done, add taco seasoning and a little water. Cook for a few more minutes.
2 Slice and quarter bell pepper into chip size pieces.
3 Using a cookie sheet or individual dish layer in order; peppers, meat, cheese, onion.
4 Bake at 350 for 13 minutes. Top with tomato, Greek yogurt, and guacamole 🥑
Makes 1 serving
1 leaner 3 greens 3 condiments 1 healthy fat
Feel free to multiply by as many people you’d like to serve 🙂
Stay on plan with healthy, fun party recipes… with Health Coach Jennifer Kaye.
Jennifer is offering a free book of 20 Healthy Game Day recipes.
Interested in seeing weight loss results and getting healthy? Take her quiz here, and as a thank- you she’ll email you your own copy of her healthy recipe book. Not just for game day… these can be enjoyed any time!