Good, healthy, on plan and easy to make!!!
Italian Zucchini Bake
Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 40 mins Servings: 4
- 10 oz cooked 93% ground beef (2 Leans)
- 1 cup (8.46 oz) canned Italian diced tomatoes less than 5 g of carbs per 1/2 cup – (2 Greens)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (1 Condiment)
- 1/8 tsp salt – optional (1/2 Condiment)
- 1/8 tsp pepper (1/4 Condiment)
- 4 oz or 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese (2 to 3 g fat per oz) (1/2 Lean) 6 oz or 1 1/2 cups reduced fat mozzarella cheese, divided (1 1/2 Leans)
- 3 tbsp reduced fat parmesan cheese (3
- 2 tbsp egg beaters
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 Condiment)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 Condiments)
- 1/8 tsp pepper (.25 Condiments) 1 cup (3.98 oz) zucchini sliced into thin circles (2 greens)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add tomatoes, garlic powder, salt and pepper to already cooked and weighed ground beef. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat. Mix the ingredients for the cheese filling using only 3/4 cup of mozzarella.
Fill the bottom of a baking dish with the meat filling and top with the cheese filling.
Layer sliced zucchini over top, and sprinkle with remaining cheese, and Italian seasoning. Bake for 40 minutes until the top turns bubbly.
Let cool 10 minutes before slicing (the casserole will hold together better).
Divide into 4 equal portions.
1 lean | 1/2 green | 2 condiments
Stay on plan for some healthy happy holidays… with Health Coach Jennifer Kaye.
Jennifer Kaye is a health and fitness coach who helps clients set goals for the
Total Complete Health program. She leads Garage Zoom exercise classes and works as a certified TRX, Spin, RealRyder and group fitness instructor. Jennifer shares tons of delicious program-approved recipes and is a daily source of inspiration and healthy perspective.
Connect with Jennifer Kaye on Facebook if you’d like more information about her weight loss, health and fitness success program. She can be contacted via private message.