You share daily on Facebook. You post videos on TikTok. You work SO hard at this. You persist, and persist!
Is it time to finally monetize your content? Other people do it. What about you?
Do you share content on social media every day? Do you have a blog that you launched as a little novelty project for yourself?
I come across many working individuals who decide to play around with blogging.
Some of them actually chuckle a little about the idea of setting up income on their blog. There seems to be a disconnect between that other expert who has set up services or who is offering courses for pay, and them.
There is no shame in offering high value information on your blog and accepting payment for it.
The ONLY thing that is stopping you is your MINDSET. Yes! What types of thoughts might stop you from monetizing?
- You don’t SEE yourself as being an expert or authority on a topic, which is why you can’t wrap your head around blogging and making money from it.
- You don’t see learning to blog or post to a website as worth your attention. (Hmmm.)
- You don’t know what to do to get started! (I can show you!)
- You don’t have time! (Baby steps. I’ll tell you what to do first.)
Fun Fact! That other person who does exactly what you do is making money from it. YOU CAN, TOO!
Don’t apologize or think it’s wrong or selfish to make money by sharing knowledge on the web. This is what people do now! If you don’t, someone else will.
It’s so common nowadays to get paid for sharing great content, that there are now boilerplate disclaimers that you are expected to use when you share blog posts that contains your affiliate link. EVERYONE does this now!
You will see a disclaimer of this type from bloggers big and small… even Microsoft and Yahoo now have gotten in on the affiliate sales game.
Why are you not monetizing your content again?
No one is stopping you other than you, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to make a little money by sharing your expertise.
It’s no different than writing a book and charging money for copies.
In fact, you could even decide to give back by donating a portion of the sales from your internet publishing profits, to a charity or cause that is important to you.
Different people have different reasons for wanting to share content online and use it to make some passive income.
Here are some reasons why people all over the world write, record and post content online!
- They love to share what they know
- They love to help people!
- They have a passion for a particular subject
- They have experience and can teach others what they have learned
- They want to create a side hustle or a main hustle (YES! you can do this!)
But you’re not ready yet to sell digital products? It’s okay. One step at a time.
You’re not yet ready to make ebooks; I get it. That’s cool. You will have plenty of time to become an aficionado and household name, by continuing to share content and post it to your website.
Make Passive Income Online in Other Ways. Here’s How!
- Monetize videos. Do you love making videos? YouTube, TikTok, Facebook and other sites will all pay you in passive income to share video content on their platforms. SHARE those videos on your blog, and you also get to list-build and lead capture while you’re at it. (You ARE signed up with a list manager, right? If not, I recommend Aweber. Add a signup form to your site as soon as tonight!).
- Sign up for Google AdSense. Add the code to your website. You can either choose the automated option, or hand code each post with AdSense. The more content you post and the more of a following you have who reads your blog, the more passive income you will generate. Payouts go straight to PayPal.
- Promote other people’s products as an affiliate. Many internet marketers are busy cranking out digital products like ebooks and courses. If you don’t have any of your own yet, promote theirs. You’ll get a percentage of the sale.
- Sign up as an Amazon and Etsy affiliate. Promote physical products and digital products sold there. Share reviews or recommendations to the products on your blog.
Ideas for Purposing Passive Income from a Website
Oh my goodness… you earned money from content sharing online! Now what will you do with it?
Some people make a little bit of extra money sharing a little bit of info online. Others turn content sharing into a career, and pay their kids’ college and save for retirement with the money they earned from their websites.
What are some ways people have found to purpose the passive income they create selling info products online?
- Putting away a little nest egg for their children’s college and future
- Making extra to splurge on a vacation or something they’ve been wanting
- Reinvest the money back into the hobby or pastime they love to share about on their blog
- Give some of the money to a charity or cause and take a tax break on it as well
- Put it toward Christmas gifts, birthday gifts and all those little extras that add up in your life
- Pay the rent or mortgage and the bills
- Use some of it to pay down credit card debt
- Give some of it to the PTA or your church
- Lavish your dog or cat with special gifts and pampering
- Invest it in the stock market
- Splurge on an adventure or experience gift
Are you ready to take the first step and start making passive income from a website?
You’ve been posting on Facebook but it’s not enough. It’s time to start list building. List-building is the FIRST step on your journey to creating passive income by sharing content online!
I have created an emailed course for you: 6 days of simple instruction. You’ll discover how to use a list manager like Aweber + Canva‘s basic membership (currently free in 2023) to start growing your list so you can offer paid digital products, like ebooks and emailed courses.