BENEFITS OF FUNDRAISING:
- Helps and supports the community
- Easy to set up
- Communicates your mission and values
- Good for company morale
- Positive gesture strengthens your brand
GOOD TO KNOW:
- A percentage of funds donated can be deducted from the total income you claim on your business taxes.
- To start a fundraiser, research an organization of choice or look up fundraising online for ideas.
- If you are unsure of any of the steps it’s a good idea to reach out to your accountant.
- Obtain receipts for any amount donated to a particular organization for tax filing purposes.
- Be transparent. Let your customers know that a portion of the proceeds will be donated to a particular cause.
MATCH THE FUND TO THE MARKET:
- A pet supply store might donate to an animal rescue mission or pet shelter.
- A grocery store could offer food donations to local food banks.
- A home improvement store could contribute to a home building effort.
- A toy company might run a program to give toys to children at Christmas.
ANNOUNCE YOUR COMPANY FUNDRAISER IN OUR NJ BLOG:
Email the who, what, when, where, how and why of your announcement to:
healthy happy nj@ gmail .com (no spaces)